"The Coalition are fond of portraying themselves as the party of national security. At times this has descended into the worst kind of jingoism that has often masked a substance that reveals a very different story."
- Former Australian Army Officer and Federal Labor Candidate for Eden-Monaro, Mike KellyRead more
"Whether it is at a family BBQ, a pub catch up with friends or a chat with new acquaintances, nothing gets a conversation going in Sydney and in NSW like property prices. The conversation inevitably meanders towards the heat in the market, the ever increasing prices and the subsequent question of ‘how can anyone afford this’?"
- Member for Macquarie Fields, Anoulack Chanthivong
"Paid parental leave and quality and affordable child care are the first two pillars of essential government support for working families. The third, and generally ignored pillar, is that of workplace flexibility - for both women and men."
- Member of the Legislative Council, Courtney Houssos
"We cannot win country seats, without a strong policy agenda and an election platform that puts the needs of regional people first."
- NSW Labor Country Organiser, Jay SuvaalRead more
"In 1972 and 2007 Labor was swept to victory with the support of young people, because it presented itself as modern, bold and forward thinking. These are the things that appeal most to young people and there are many ways Labor can capture the youth vote."
- NSW Young Labor President, Todd PinkertonRead more
"Even on an average wage, this Government’s spectacular backflip on parental leave will see many families on an even further reduced budget at a time when every dollar counts."
- Chair of the NSW Labor Women's Forum, Elizabeth ScullyRead more